Monday 23 July 2012

This Evening...

... I've been working on a more detailed response to the Aurora shooting. As I don't want to get into a position of talking about it anymore then I really have to for reasons already mentioned I've decided it's going to take the form of one really long post. Unfortunately it's not finished yet so I hope to post it tomorrow (24/7/12) evening provided the Olympics doesn't get too busy.

To give you an idea of how lengthy it's going to be it mainly focuses on a more detailed plan of how the USA could introduce a sort of early warning system to reduce the risk of future mass shootings along with my understanding of the legal and mental health implications of the suspect. However in the meantime I should say that at this point I'd be more worried if the survivors and the people close to them weren't suffering from at least one of the following; sadness, anger, anxiety, difficulty sleeping, restlessness or mild paranoia. These are all perfectly normal human responses to this type of trauma and should fade with time.

Oh and I'm considering introducing an obligatory time and date stamp: 22:15 on 23/7/12.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone on O2

No comments: