Friday 29 July 2011

My Grandmother's Stil in Hospital.

Her latest ward round with the consultant and the multi-disciplinary care team is taking place about now (11:00 - 12:00 on 29/7/11). My father and I are unable to attend because we are waiting for an Occupational Therapist (OT) to make a home visit to assess me grandmother's home ahead of her planned discharge on Wednesday (3/8/11).

This means that the Primary Care Trust (PCT)/Local health authority are still adamant that the enhanced care package is the route they want to go down. Today's report by the government's co-operation and competition panel on the NHS which criticises some PCT's for "delaying operations" is central government's way of putting pressure on the PCT to speed up the enhanced care package operation.

Also today my grandmother's address received a letter from the Royal Family at Buckingham Palace. Although we haven't opened it we're guessing that it is a acknowledgement of the card my grandmother sent the Royal couple to congratulate them on their wedding of April 29th. The problem is that it is addressed to Councilman Leyson Harries and Family who is my grandmother's father (my great-grandfather). This is not the name on the card my grandmother sent and is not going to help convince my grandmother that she is no longer living on a farm in Wales. So it's the Crown's way of saying "Yeah we're doing this. What you going to do about it."

No comments: