Friday 29 July 2011

Grandmother Latest.

At around 10:40 the Occupational Therapist (OT) or "Jess"made her home visit to assess my grandmother's house. During this visit she informed my father that my grandmother would be discharged on Monday (1/8/11). The thing to remember about Jess is that she is a "locum." The word locum is NHS code for "temporary worker that no-one in the NHS would employ on a permanent basis." On Monday she will be starting work at the Kensington & Chelsea Hospital which deals with properly rich patients.

After I explained to him that I had an appointment with my doctor at around 17:00 on Monday my father went up to Croydon University Hospital to visit my grandmother about 15:00. In the three and a half hours he spent there my father not only managed to re-negotiate my grandmother's discharge to Tuesday (2/8/11) but also managed to give my grandmother the letter from Buckingham Palace addressed to "Councillor Leyson Harries and Family." She opened it and, after checking with the nursing staff, read it and discovered it to contain a simple postcard before sending it back to me. So I am now going to attempt to post photographs of the front of the envelope (ef), the back of the envelope (eb), the front of the postcard (pcf) and the back of the postcard;

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Assuming that the above has gone horribly wrong then;

ef shows a white envelope bearing the Royal Crest (EIIR below a crown), the Buckingham Palace postmark (dated 27/7/11) and a second class (franked) stamp all in red ink. Below that in black ink it shows the address to "Councillor Leyson Harries and Family" above a postal address with the (incorrect) postal code CR4 7WZ.

eb shows the same white envelope bearing an italic "W" below a stylised crown.

pcf shows a stock photograph of William and Catherine on their wedding day taken by Hugo Burnard.

pcb shows the name of the photographer along with the text;

"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were immensely touched that you should take the trouble to write as you did on the occasion of their Wedding and have been overwhelmed by the kind letters and cards that they have received. It really was most thoughtful of you and Their Royal Highnesses wish to send you their warmest thanks and best wishes."

I only mention this because it reminded me that Zara (Royal) Phillips is marrying Mike (Commoner) Tyndell tomorrow. Then next weekend I've got a big gay lesbian wedding where one of the brides will be bringing a surprise visitor form one of the Scandinavian countries but I'm definitely not stressed. However if my grandmother were suddenly to die in the night I would like the International Criminal Court (ICC) to accept the above documents as conclusive proof that it was the House of Windsor in Wardroom with the postcard. They won't though.

Anyway Amy WineHouse. Not only a Camden based singer but a list of my priorities in my university days. If I have to be the one to call it I would say "death by natural causes." If you consider alcohol addiction, nicotine addiction, cocaine addiction, crack cocaine addiction, heroin addiction and emphysema to be natural causes.

F*ck it. It might be the first time Dr Freddy Patel gets to write "pre-existing coronary artery disease leading to cardiac arrest" on a death certificate and actually tell the truth.

So it was about 22:40 I started writing this post and about 23:34 when I finished.

No comments: