Monday 28 November 2011

There Must Be a Summit On.

On November 13th I was sent a letter by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) telling me my benefit claim was up for review and promising to contact with further information within two weeks. That two week deadline expired yesterday (27/11/11) with me hearing nothing further. Now it would be nice to pretend that was because the Brits had suddenly seen the folly of their current path. However it's much more likely to be a dirty trick to stop my claim on the grounds of non-compliance.

So spending ages on hold with the DWP trying to sort out this mess is just another one of the other things I'm going to have to spend this week doing. That Amazon order still hasn't turned up btw.


Edited at around 10:45 on 28/11/11: After writing the above I called the DWP again and funnily enough they answered. They've not made any attempt to contact me so I am now covered for this matter for the next seven weeks. However it would be much easier if they just sent me a letter today admitting the earlier letter was sent in error. After all that would save everyone the time of realising that stopping my claim is not going to force me into the world of work and then re-starting my claim.

No comments: