Monday 14 November 2011

Brave.

At around 19:10 today (14/11/11) my father returned from Croydon University Hospital (CUH) to inform me that my grandmother was moved to the Albany Lodge nursing home with immediate effect. Now I can't tell you how other people will view this fact.

However I can tell you that CUH's decision to discharge a patient who they diagnose with dementia to a nursing home that does not have the facilities to deal with a patient with dementia whilst knowing there is both an ongoing internal investigation and an ongoing legal process certainly paints a picture with me of an organisation that is more concerned with avoiding it's liability then protecting the best interests of the patient.

In the meantime I wouldn't worry about the cost issue because the legal process is ongoing and will likely invalidate any current arrangements.

No comments: