Friday 4 November 2011

Oh Wine, I Love You More Then My Children.

Fair point I don't have any children but let us not allow the truth to get in the way of a fair to middling joke. Inebriated as I may be though I come bearing two bits of good news. Firstly as a shambolic G20 Summit ends French Presidential term limits mean that it is now mathematically impossible for Nicholas Sarkozy and his horrific green carpets to host another one of these events ever again. I will get into the communique tomorrow (5/11/11) or possibly the day after because you know I have plans.

Secondly the Greek Prime Minister has won his confidence vote. The assumption is that he will now resign and make way for a government of national unity that will not hold a referendum but will instead implement the October 27th Eurozone deal before the election of a new government. I know that some people will say that this is undemocratic but it's really not. In a democracy the people do not get to vote on every single issue. Instead they get to elect representatives who are meant to dedicate themselves to becoming expert in very complicated issues so the people are free to get on with other things. For example the people at my local health authority should have been working so hard that they've got little idea what happened at the G20 Summit and therefore are unable to comprehend the consequences of their current path. So surely now the humane thing for their government to do would be to intervene to prevent them going too far down the wrong path.

No comments: