Monday 14 November 2011

At Least That Saves Time.

Although Capsticks the lawyers representing Croydon University Hospital (CUH) made no application to the Court of Protection (COP) on Friday 11/11/11 the Judge has decided of his own accord to overturn the Section 49 order made on Tuesday (9/11/11)

I an my father have both just received copy of this order today (14/11/11) and my father has rushed up to the hospital to have my grandmother discharged. That would be an unwise course of action for the hospital to take because these types of orders are only finalised after a 21 day period for any party to lodge an objection has expired. That's exactly what I'll be doing. I wonder what grounds I shall use.

Edited at around 17:40 on 14/11/11 to add: Thats all done and will be assessed by the COP when they re-open tomorrow. Beyond saying that I've objected on the grounds that the grounds that the Judge's decision has no basis in fact or law I can't comment further.

However if you would like an essay question; With reference to DSMIV compare and contrast the Mini Mental State Examination (MMSE) and a psychiatric assessment as defined by the 1983 Mental Health Act.

No comments: