Tuesday 22 November 2011

It's Tuesday 22/11/11

at around 20:05 and I'm back from the pub. There are no major problems to report but I don't expect the news that I've been to the pub is going to make me particularly popular with the Muslim Brotherhood.

What's going to make me even less popular is saying that I think the announcement by Egypt's interim military leadership that they intend to hold Presidential elections as early as July 2012 is a mistake. To me it sounds like risking the long term prosperity and security of the nation in order to appease a minority of violent extremists. It will do wonders for Britain's 2012 Olympic bid though.

In other news this afternoon my father and I made our traditional fortnightly trip to the supermarket. It's almost impossible to believe that since the last time we went the Court of Protection (COP) issued a section 49 order preventing my grandmother being discharged from Croydon University Hospital (CUH) then CUH submitted evidence, the Section 49 order was revoked and the matter has been sent to the High Court. I guess it must be true what they say though - time is relative to how fast you are travelling.

And there's the massive headache again.

No comments: