Friday 25 November 2011

My Amazon Has Failed Me.

It turns out in this town if you want a birthday present you have to buy it yourself. So after visiting my mother on Wednesday (23/11/11) I visited a certain online retailer and purchased; House series seven, the Girl Who trilogy, Black Swan, the Battle of Algiers, All Ages by Bad Religion and some Imelda May album.

On Thursday (24/11/11) I received and email from said online retailer assuring me that I would receive delivery of above on Friday November 25th. So I left my front door open in expectation.

Instead I got a summons to the Royal Courts of Justice. Personally I don't consider that to be a fair exchange. Obviously I would have preferred to make my purchase at a high street store. However I challenge you to find a DVD store in Croydon that stocks a copy of the Battle of Algiers even if it is the most referenced film for the Libyan war that I've still not seen.

No comments: