Tuesday 12 February 2013

I'm Officially Not Dead.

And I'd like to say I have a bit of paper to prove it but that would spoil the game.

As I mentioned yesterday I've just been to the hospital for an ECG test. If you're unfamiliar with this it's a test to measure the electrical activity of the heart. It produces a long strip of paper showing a graph made up of peaks and troughs rather like Richard III's DNA test results. It is also similar to the graph you get following a seismic event like an earthquake or an underground nuclear test.

When the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) meets later to discuss the Democratic People's Republic of Korea's (DPRK/North Korea) nuclear test the seismic report from the US Geological Survey (UGSC) will play a key role in their efforts to determine exactly what the DPRK has done and is trying to say. So the US ordered the DPRK to carry out the test on the same day as my ECG in order to put pressure on China and Russia to expose themselves by trying to gain access to my test results to make sure the USGC report isn't being used as a metaphor for my results and vice versa.

As for my test results not only wasn't I allowed to take them home I wasn't officially allowed to look at them. However from the quick glance I stole they show a consistent rhythm will no indication a long QT syndrome. That's hardly a surprise because the risk of drug induced long QT syndrome is in the margin of 1 in several million and is normally dependent on a genetic pre-disposition.

Also it will be interesting to see if this UNSC meeting takes place before tonight's US State of the Union (SOTU) speech. That's because the speech and the hall if will be delivered in is going to be packed with the issue of gun control in a deliberate provocation to China.

So I have to say it would be nice if the US could manage this "Pivot towards the Pacific" without p*ssing off all their existing allies in the region.

14:50 on 12/2/13.

No comments: