Tuesday 6 March 2012

Operation Green.

I kid you not. That was the Nazi's name for their plan to invade Czechoslovakia. However on this Tuesday night (7/3/12) as we sit down to watch the season finale of "Body of Proof" just after an Iranian election I thought that would've been too much.

Anyway it's Tuesday night and I got back from the pub at around 20:00. In the pub I finally checked the sms messages on my phone for the first time in about a month. I then quickly fired off a reply to my mother explaining that while I want to meet up I'm currently so low on energy that even the 10 minute walk to her flat would be a challenge. I finished up by assuring her that I would definitely promise to at least attempt to call her before Saturday.

I then (around 19:22) might have inadvertently provoked a small riot by posting the first of a series of 4 Tweets (@Sovereignaka) from the pub. More words will appear here shortly (20:05)

Edited at around 20:15 on 7/3/12 to add:

I'm still not loving the Twitter. Three of my four Tweets came out OK but the final one failed me. I was trying to make a joke about how my usual Tuesday night pub (The Flora Sandes in Thornton Heath) opened on the same day that Hillary Clinton was born (October 26th). So my last Tweet should've read; "No, not really. The pub's much younger" but instead it came out as "No not really. The star much younger" which makes no sense.

Anyway I've decided that these post-pub postings are more trouble then they're worth. In fact I believe that about a year ago I said I was going to drop them except during important global summits. From next week I would like to re-affirm that sentiment.

Now at around 20:20 I must confess that around 17:40 I got a bit stoned while listening to Jacques Offenbach's "The Can-Can" just as President Obama prepared for his first big speech of the new year. SeriouslyI wish I could make this sh*t up.

No comments: