Friday 2 March 2012

How's This For a Weird One?

The day after I had dinner with my brother on February 14th I woke up covered in more then a dozen flea bites. As we don't keep pets in the house and I hadn't been near an animal in about three months this was very unusual. Then there was a spate of stories about flea or tick borne diseases from questions about Lyme disease in the House of Lords to the panic about the Schmallenberg out break and advisory briefings being sent out to UK rambling associations.

So what's the betting that in a variation of an old Soviet surveillance trick infected the fabric seats in the pub with fleas to provoke a dramatic discussion about my current lethargy and apathy. The answer to that is of course much more prosaic. After all I've got more then enough reasons to be depressed and the cocktail of psychotropic drugs probably haven't helped.

No comments: