Friday 16 March 2012

Almost 24 Hours Later.

It's now around 15:45 on 16/3/12.

When I was trying to post yesterday at around 19:40 I was going to tell you that my father and I had just finished dinner. Over dinner we discussed my interview at the Jobcentre. This led into a conversation about the possibility of me renting my grandmother's now vacant property. After explaining that I could probably claim a maximum of around £500 per week or £2000 a month I asked him how much my grandmother's care costs are. When he was unable to answer I explained to him that they're around £800 per week or £3200 per month leaving a £1200 per month shortfall. I then raised the possibility of moving my grandmother to a nursing home in Wales where she'd be closer to friends and relatives and be able to speak her native language. My father's response was basically that the idea hadn't even occurred to him.

Obviously pointing out his shortcomings is such a blatant way increases my father's stress levels especially as he is considering increasings the households outgoings further by getting a Sky payTV package to watch the football and Formula 1. These increased stress levels may become an issue because tomorrow (17/3/12) he may or may not be meeting up with his Internet friends in Wandsworth to celebrate St Patrick's day. He's yet to completely make up his mind but I think he probably will.

Also I wanted to register the blog address http://www.100badones.blogspot.com which I have now done. Although it was the Belgian bus crash that gave me the final nudge this is something I've been meaning to do for a while. This seems more appropriate because I often find myself writing about these sort of incidents and starting by explaining that you can get 100 people to agree to an idea for 1 good reason or 100 bad ones before listing those 100 bad reasons. The new blog is actually controlled through the same user interface so I may or may not use but at least I now own the name.

As for the Belgian bus crash I still need to get it together in my head before I can even begin to start thinking about how to explain it. However I will say that it was a joint venture mainly between the Belgian and British Royal Families in order to get what they wanted out of the meeting between the British Prime Minister and the US President.

No comments: