Friday 5 August 2011

Well That Was Convoluted.

On Monday (1/8/11) my first generation iPod finally died of old age. Fortunately I already had a second hand and therefore pre-load replacement on hand. Unfortunately to put my music on it I first had to connect it to a computer via a USB port and the USB ports on my computer don't work.

This meant that I had to have a long conversation with my computer and Microsoft and Apple about why my computer simultaneously thought that it both didn't have USB ports and that those USB ports were working perfectly. When this didn't work I went of an did something complicated and quite clever with the bits of several broken computers I had lying around. This did work so since then I've been updating the new iPod hand, song by song.

Now just think if the USB ports on my computer did work you'd all have a much better idea of what I'm listening too now because I know the suspense is killing some of you and making some of my neighbours feel a bit light fingered.

No comments: