Monday 8 August 2011

It's Still Spreading

The London riots have now spread out to three other British cities; Birmingham in the Midlands, Romford in Essex and Leeds in Yorkshire where one man has reportedly been shot. Apart from the use of firearms this is worrying because it means that West Midlands Police, South Yorkshire Police and Essex Police can no longer send reinforcements to London.

Within London the rioting has spread to Catford, Colliers Wood and Clapham which is a very wealthy area. It has also spread to Croydon where I live. Here at least two large buildings have been burnt to the ground in prime redevelopment sites. So you'll excuse me if I don't say anymore about that at the moment because I feel I've got a long enough night ahead of me especially as the police seem to be redeploying to Clapham.

Oh and if you're interested to know where the rest of the police are most of them have been deployed to Oxford Street to protect all the rich people.

No comments: