Tuesday 16 August 2011

Can I Mention This Now

Without it counting as incitement to riot?

Long term readers may remember that last Tuesday (9/8/11) my grandmother's GP was meant to visit to carry out a medical (drugs review) assessment on my grandmother following her discharge from hospital.

Unfortunately on Monday August 8th Dr Shaikh of the Parchmore Road Medical Centre (undamaged in the riots) telephoned my father and flatly refused to attend on the grounds that one of several questionable drugs that my grandmother is being prescribed "is a very low dose so there's no need to worry." Now a reasonable person would consider this definite grounds to launch a prosecution against said doctor for attempted murder contrary to section 23 of the offences against the person act 1861.

Unfortunately my father still considers himself to be "Alzheimer's Man!" The hero who is going to provide Britain will all the information it needs about elderly care and therefore save the world. So when we were at the pub this Tuesday (16/8/11) he did his usual trick of pushing every last pea around the plate in order to make the conversation last as long as humanly possible. So I simply walked out on him. Unfortunately once we'd returned home, just as CSI:Miami started, he re-started the argument.

So I went off and watched "The Hour" on BBC2 which is much better even if it does borrow heavily from Glorious '39.

Anyway it's 23:00 on Tuesday August 14th 2011.