Friday 1 October 2010

A Lovely Day For A Guiness.

But a terrible day for anything else. The weather around me today has been a horrid mix of persistent, heavy rain and gusty winds. To make matters worse there was a failed Coup in Ecuador overnight.

Personally I'm going to blame it all on Wyclef Jean. Whoever backed him to stand for President of Haiti did so in order to promote discussion about Haiti's constitution. This would have inevitably lead to a wider discussion about the School of the Americas. For those who don't know this was an important part of the CIA's foreign policy during the 1980's and is still very controversial throughout parts of South America to this day. I think that it is a discussion that needs to be had but I was going to wait until after Haiti's General Election.

Elsewhere in my world my grandmother had a fall overnight. As a result she suffered minor lacerations to the scalp and bruising to the right orbital bone. This is now something of a routine injury for her and I find it hard to be shocked by it. After all it is all part of the plan and if the Court of Protection only had access to the official version of events it might get the impression that I've been knocking her about.

Also while I'm here I should tell the South African trade unions to accept the 7.5% offer. If I dedicated more time to the problem I pretty sure I could come up with an argument why they should only accept five. After all the nation didn't so much win the World Cup as survive it.

No comments: