Thursday 30 September 2010

That Psychologist's Visit Has Been and Gone.

I never attend these days but I gather the mood of the visit was subdued. There was the suggestion that my grandmother should be put into a nursing home but it was made more sort out of a sense of obligation rather then as an achievable goal. The highlight apparently was the doctor claiming that opiates don't have a psychoactive effect. I wonder how we're going to explain that revelation to the worlds heroin addicts.

In the evening I had dinner with my mother. Most of the meal was covered by the usual, inane small talk. In fact I think most of it was the exact same small talk that was used the last time we had dinner. The only juicy bit refers to today's news stories that Lloyds Bank and Barclays Bank are the two most complained about banks in the UK and the story about a large online bank fraud gang being convicted. The rumour is that the only way Britain has been able to keep up with the interest payments on it's loans is by "borrowing" money from private accounts at the two nationally owned banks, moving it about for two to three months and then paying it back. To me that sounds like a very odd thing for Britain to admit too but 750,000 complaints certainly represents significant domestic pressure on the issue.

No comments: