Friday 15 October 2010

I'm Sorry for the Delay.

But my shoulder is still injured. That meant today I had to go out and get some tape to fix it. Applying micropore tape to your own, dominant shoulder is really quite difficult. So difficult in fact that it very nearly makes me wish I had a pretty, young physiotherapy student to compare notes with.

Only nearly though because all that effort also gives me a great excuse for not commenting on the X-Factor/Gamu story earlier. The other is that I would have to start by explaining what the X-Factor is. So let's just say that there is a really popular talent show on British TV called the X-Factor.

On or around October 5th the Brits decided to cash in on that popularity by threatening to deport one fo the failed but hugely popular contestants, a Zimbabwean teenager called Gamu Nhengu. This was done for a variety of reasons;

1. To cause disruption to the Tianjin COP 16 meeting.

2. To undermine support for my statutory nuisance proceedings by falsely claiming that it would lead to the girls at number 50 Beechwood Avenue to be made homeless.

3. To start a dialogue between central government and Croydon Council over the issue of a Asylum Seekers. Croydon is the first port of call for all Asylum Seekers entering the UK.

4. To open dialogue with and heap pressure upon Robert Mugabe and Zimbabwe's Government of National Unity (GNU). I don't think Robert Mugabe needs me to tell him how to respond.


Elsewhere I should point out that with General Petraeus in London to discuss the Linda Norgrove death and the Chilean President visiting David Cameron on Monday (18/10) the Chilean miners story is still most certainly in play. It is the security run through for the COP 16 Summit in Mexico. Everything seems to be just fine security wise. The next British play will come tomorrow (16/10) in the form of the Crude Awakening climate change protest in London. Here the British are aiming for a two for one that also manages to wipe out the UK climate change movement. For that reason I most certainly won't be attending.

I've also bee watching DVD copies of a US TV show called "Firefly." Normally I don't do Sci-Fi but large sections of the media universe seem to revolve around the fact I've seen this particular piece of mind-bending Sci-Fi. I'm only up to episode three and so far it's just a lot of Summer Glau crying in the corner.

No comments: