Thursday 14 October 2010

Just Had Dinner With My Mother.

And you'll never guess what. She's been having a really bad week.

Her doctor (GP) has decided that she's got a thyroid problem that is the exact opposite of my father's thyroid problem. This means that she has to have almost daily blood tests in north London before driving to her job at a hospital in south London. With the Blackwall tunnel closed this is more then a little bit annoying.

Personally I think it's all a big attempt by the state to get her to register with a GP in south London so the entire family can be slaughtered within the bowels of hell currently known as Croydon. However my mother used it as the excuse not to tell me that she has a pretty, young female student temporarily living in her apartment. The gay community are supporting this because they think that if they deliver a ready made girlfriend to my door I'll forget about the kidnapping and rape of my wife. The student herself thinks that she's on a training exercise that will help her get a future job possibly as a physiotherapist for British Olympic team. This made me feel really old.

So in a very bad mood my mother and I went out for dinner. Her attempts to soothe the situation by talking endlessly about the Commonwealth games the 2012 Olympics and those damn Chilean minors did nothing to improve the situation. Then the alcohol kicked in so we decided to call it a draw with long and pointless story about pets.

In the meantime I did learn that my shoulder injury is indeed the exact same injury that kept Tom Daley out of the European Diving Championships. As I'm sure you'll agree that's just weird.

No comments: