Friday 1 October 2010

I Have a Confession to Make.

I have been shopping. Because if you can't wear a nice brown boot with a smart blue jean in the winter then what has become of our world.

I also brought two CDs. Our younger readers may not remember these but they're like downloads only there's about 14 of them and they come on these special little silver discs. The number of tracks chosen and the order on which they appear on the album is the responsibility of a producer and some of these can be especially talented. The Specials self titled debut album produced by Elvis Costello is a particular case in point.

The first of the two albums I brought, from this thing called a "record shop" was Guns and Roses Use Your Illusion 2. This was actually one of the first records I ever brought back in 1994. Sadly my now defunct cat took objection to it and scored a massive scratch across the second half of the disc. Having grown up and brought a replacement I can't help but feel my cat was right.

The second album I brought was Johnny Cash's When the Man Comes around. Although published in the same style this wasn't actually released until about 10 year after the American Recording sessions. Judging by the enhanced CD I would say that it was released just before the great mans death and just after the Joaquin Phoenix film begun production. While it contains the fag ends of the Viper Room days I made my name on Sept 12th 2001 so it's feasible.

No comments: