Tuesday 12 October 2010

£20,000.

That is how much I stood to lose in fees today should the lead and centre Magistrate have found against me. I'm sure you'll agree that it takes a moment for me to process that figure before I explain to you how it came to be.

So the defence barrister stood up and said: "I've been advised by my clients to seek costs. At this time I have no schedule as to what these costs will be." Then there was a long silence and the lead Magistrate said to me: "Mr Bowden?!" So I stood up and said: "I have nothing more to say. It's just further proof of his company's malicious intent. But that's not a legal argument so I'll just mumble something while I find and excuse for sitting down." Then there was a pause and then the Magistrate looked directly at me and said; "No Costs."

Apart from that England lost 0-0 and Wales got battered 4-1 by the Swiss. I think I should explain that the OT and the physiotherapist that will be visiting my grandmother tomorrow are from the St Leonards outpatient falls clinic. Therefore they are not technically members of my mother staff.

No comments: