Sunday 2 May 2010

Look Today's Sunday

and for me yesterday was a very long day at the end of a very long week. So reading back over my poorly written last post I can see how you have might have got the impression that the New York car bomb could have been a sort of CIA/FBI/NSA false flag operation. Personally I don't agree because if you're thinking in that direction you also have to consider the possibility that it was;

  • Britain's MI6 on behalf of British Petroleum (BP) who are obviously quite upset about the US$10bn+ they're going to have to pay out over this oil slick.
  • Israel's Mossad who would quite like to retain complete control over the US government.
  • Whatever China's foreign intelligence agency is called who would like to gain complete control over the US government.
  • Any state backed or corporation backed intelligence agency who would like to increase their influence over the US government.
With all four of those scenarios though I think we are firmly into paranoid conspiracy theory territory and I stand by my theory of a slightly deranged lone-wolf. If the reports of a white male in his 40's being connected to the incident are true then I would refine that theory to a George Bush voting viewer of a certain TV news network venting his latent racism against a black President by single handidly trying to whip up a new wave of anti-Islamic fervour. Due to the quick thinking of the New York Police Department a lot of the physical evidence remains intact so I'm sure this mystery will be solved quite soon. Personally I've I'd done it and left that much forensic evidence behind I'd be looking at suicide as the sensible option right about now.

If nothing else the incident does highlight the difference in culture between the UK and the US. In the UK if an idiot wants to draw attention to himself on May 1st he does it with a well crafted placard. In the US he does it with a poorly crafted but, in this case, very large petrol bomb.

No comments: