Tuesday 11 May 2010

I've Been to the Pub.

In that time (19:00-20:15) it appears that there have been some developments. Firstly the British Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, announced that he was going to tender his resignation to the Queen. It was rapidly accepted forcing David Cameron to visit HRH to seek permission to become the next British Prime Minister. It was quickly granted under the order that he formed a proper coalition with the LibDems. At the time of writing we are all awaiting the details of what form that proper or improper coalition will take.

As there will no doubt be tears before bedtime I should put my hands up and accept some responsibility for the current state of affairs. At around 14:00 a British Army Merlin helicopter observed me putting shopping bags and recycling into the car in preparation for a grocery shop. In spite of a visit by a TSG van, an armed response unit and various local council spotters the trip went well. The supermarket didn't have my favourite brand of passata but I think we shall live.

While we're all waiting for the details of this Conservative/LibDem coalition I should take the time to confirm that certain comments on the Internet made in my name were in fact made by me.

As I offer no protection it's not worth me digging out the exact quotes but they relate to the Democracy Village camp in Parliament Square. This is the illegal camp that was set up on May 1st and was intended to be the base for the Purple Revolution but also occupies the same patch of land as Brian Haw's infamous and legal peace camp. The worry and the plan is that when the police make their inevitable dawn raid to clear the democracy village they will also sweep up Brian Haw's camp and illegally clear that camp from outside Parliament.

For that reason, as I've already made clear in more colourful language, I think that the democracy village campers should voluntarily go home now.

No comments: