Friday 28 May 2010

Domestic Update.

I know it should have been done sooner but I've been a bit busy. As predicted these LPA's have given my father the green light to push ahead with his sick, little plans. So far this has manifested itself in three ways;

1. He's started taking my grandmother for "walks" around the neighbourhood on her mobility scooter. I really can't complain about this because it's a result of the letter I sent to my grandmother's GP a while back. In it I explained that a lot of her pain and balance problems are a result of her failing to exercise the artificial ball and socket joint she had put in as part of her hip replacement surgery. I felt safe to share this little secret because it's part of the advice provided by the joint manufacturer. It is also the advice of any surgeon who will fit that type of joint and the advice of any physiotherapist who will rehabilitate a patient who has had that surgery. The fact that it's taken almost two years and the written threat of a court order to get the health care provider to follow that established treatment protocol. Well that doesn't look good does it.

2. He's contracted a builder to lay new flooring in my grandmother's kitchen and bathroom. This is actually a job that needs doing especially in the bathroom where a rusty old radiator is starting to damage the floorboards. The costs of materials is reasonable so providing the labour costs and the quality of workmanship is good enough this shouldn't be a problem.

3. He's started researching nursing homes that he's going to stick her in. This is currently at a very early stage. If it progresses to a more advanced stage I'll simply take out an injunction to prevent it happening at least until the Court of Protection returns a ruling on these LPA's.


Oh and as most you have probably noticed by now British Petroleum (BP) are using this Gulf of Mexico oil spill as a sort of metaphor for what's going on in my life. They're doing this in an attempt to argue that the whole incident is the result of US government sabotage so they don't have to pay for it. BP will try absolutely anything to try to wriggle out of paying for this but it's another one of those situations where the most helpful thing I can do is keep my mouth shut.

No comments: