Tuesday 7 September 2010

Dinner With My Father.

Yes he is a hopeless case.

After all these years of people from the council causing him problems he has once again contacted the council and asked them to solve his problems. Tomorrow (8/9) they will be sending a woman from "Crossroads" to assess how many people from "Age UK" my grandmother needs to pay to look after her. At £20 per hour this has caused a lot of stress to both my grandmother and my father.

My father has been so stressed by the situation that over dinner at the pub he got a little bit shouty. Obviously as he's really annoying me now so I got a little bit shouty back. After about two minutes I calmed him down by letting slip the secret that rather then being treated as a dementia patient my grandmother should be treated as an old lady suffering from depression. This is so much of a secret that every junior doctor at my grandmother's surgery has been asking, for months, why my grandmother is not being treated as an old lady who is suffering from depression. As my father is very shouty to calm him down I also needed to point out that before any discussion of my grandmother's treatment can begin she needs to undergo managed opioid withdrawal to cure her of her five month of buprenorphine abuse. Speaking of which my grandmother is a little bonkers at the moment so I had to spend a lot of the evening with her drinking a lot of Gin.

Apparently while this was going on "The XXL" won the Mercury Music Prize and England beat Switzerland 3-1 at the football. None of that means anything to me now so I'm going to have a little lie down.

No comments: