Tuesday 21 September 2010

Out of Great Tedium Confusion is Born.

I've just returned from Croydon Magistrates Court where I submitted a response to L.L Bragg's letter which I received on Friday 17th September. As evidence of CAYSH and Presentation Housing Association being notified of the statutory nuisance proceedings I submitted a statement from myself.

In it I explained that there had been extensive contact between my myself and the organisations over the matter. I stated that they'd been informed verbally on July 13th and this warning was repeated on July 14th. I went on to explain that on July 15th I faxed CAYSH a completed N130 form in case their failure to act was due to a lack of legal knowledge. I also stated that on July 21st I sent a written notification by standard first class post. I also pointed out that on that same date CAYSH sent a maintenance crew to the address to make sure it adhered to section 79:1(a) of the act.

Obviously I think this is sufficent otherwise I wouldn't have done it. However it is a matter for the court to decide. I wouldn't get too excited about it though. It is the power of attorney case in front of the Court of Protection that is important. By comparison the nuisance matter in front of the Magistrates Court is, well, just a bit of nuisance.

No comments: