Tuesday 13 July 2010

Oh Dear God.

Today my 89 year old grandmother has had a pay-TV service installed for the first time. As she is just coming to terms with BBC Radio introducing this thing known as "the Home Service" the fact that she has already lost the f**king remote control is in no way traumatic(!)

Anyway I think I should now name check Virgin Media cable service because not only are their prices totally reasonable their staff are organised, professional and highly knowledgeable with in their area. Given the difficult working environment that is known as my home I think the guy who installed my grandmother's cable should get an honourable mention.

Of course the arrival of the TV van brought all the neighbourhood out for a chat and well I don't think we're going to have a problem meeting the "nuisance or annoyance" legal test. I am though tempted to bring out the heavy artillery just for shits and giggles. Would the Yanks first prefer me to lose to a District Judge or a local Magistrate. After all this only costs me about a grand a time.

In related news I think I certainly did telegraph my plans to sort out this henhouse business today on Tuesday the 14th. This gave the Brits plenty of time to organise the shooting of three Ghurka's in Afghanistan. After all killing them is damn sight cheaper then allowing them to settle in the UK.