Friday 9 July 2010

It's Been a Prickly Day Today.

In London it is around 30C which is apparently the hottest day of the year so far. Due to some spectacularly bad planning on my part I used today to go back to the gym but only did a half-session.

My grandmother used the opportunity to pull up some weeds. Unfortunately one particular weed ran underneath a stack of bricks so when she pulled it the stack of bricks tumbled down onto her foot. She then walked off to find some attention and found my father first. This led to some shouting. By around 14:30 I'd had enough of the shouting so made my father go off and do something and forced my grandmother to walk back to her house so I could put her foot in cold water. That last bit sounds a little bit cruel but a physiotherapist should be proud not least because it stopped the shouting

My father's currently off getting his haircut so the shouting is still stopped but may resume on his return. I wouldn't worry about it too much because after that is their indoor voices.

No comments: