Friday 16 July 2010

Busy, Busy Morning

I've just been on the telephone to Croydon Magistrates Court. After explaining to them how Magistrates act in civil proceedings I was put on hold. After what I imagine was some frantic whispering they came back and decided that indeed Magistrates do act in civil proceedings.

Obviously as this is little outside the normal business of the court there isn't a form available so I will have to make a written submission to the court. As it's just 3hrs until the court closes for the weekend they were keen for me to lay out the details of submission before warning there will definitely be a £200. I guarantee you now that there won't be but I will be charging the landlord my usual £2,500 per natural hour fee for acting against them.

The clock those costs will probably begin around lunchtime on Tuesday July 20th.

No comments: