Friday 2 October 2009

Well I For One Am Disapointed

Not because the Olympics have gone to Rio, after all it's a great city and key to large an emerging market. Nor am I disappointed that the police have yet to be in touch because it was always going to take a long time for any order to sink that low into the layer cake. No I'm disappointed because once again I'm in dispute with the Brits over their inability to control their troops. This is almost exactly the same as the dispute I was having with them in the spring of 2008. On that occasion they responded with lots of laughter lots of abuse and tales of how they had nothing to fear and I would come round to their power and authority eventually.

This time round they've gone awfully quiet. The best they've been able to come out with so far is mumbling some nonsense about no police officer will face disciplinary action from the IPCC over the De Menezes shooting and they couldn't even manage to say that like they meant it. I guess they've just run out of fight.

No comments: