Monday 26 October 2009

I Feeling Much Better Today, Thank You For Asking.

It seems that whatever illness I was suffering from has decided to not become a full blown cold and has slipped away into nothing. In order to speed the process I skipped going to the gym today and instead watched Atonement. This seemed a sensible decision for two main reasons. Firstly it left me feeling that I'd suddenly been cultured and secondly it means that I will probably be back to full strength tomorrow.

Aside from the announcement that yet another British Army helicopter crashed because the pilot ran out of talent the big news was that Radovan Karadzic failed to appear in court for the first day of his trial at the Hague. For one blindingly obvious reason this has been aimed in my general direction however I think it's possible to read a little too much into the story. I think the whole thing reeks of a deal between the judiciary and the defendant to make sure that the start of the trial doesn't co-incide with the anniversary of the Nord-Ost Theatre Massacre. That sort of poor scheduling would open a massive can of worms that I may or may not be bothered to expand upon tomorrow. After all the Hague is the court that holds ultimate jurisdiction over the Nuremberg codes and I suspect Karadzic's defence will involve attempts to attack the credibility of the court.

No comments: