Friday 23 October 2009

There Are Only 46 States in the United States

Because Virginia, Kentucky, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts all ascended as Commonwealths. Legally this serves no other purpose then to make me look like a bit of a smart arse right up to the point I make my next statement;

This fact and many others can be found in the QI book of General Ignorance with a foreword by Stephan Fry and four words by Alan Davis. The book also includes the history of the Celts as researched by Edward Luyld although I swear I'd heard this in advance in respect to the Pict tattoo I have on my back. Imagine how clever I felt when that question came up on QI and I suddenly realised that I had once spoken to an man who was more intelligent then Stephan Fry.

Aside from that I feel extra credit must go out to the random safa who asked me in Thornton Heath how to get home because he has a long walk to Clapham.

No comments: