Thursday 1 October 2009

Hectic Times

While the Brits have been busy embarassing themselves the world has still been turning;

On September 30th the European Union published it's report into last summers war between Georgia and Russia. The report found that the war was indisputably started by Georgia who illegally opened fire on civilian positions in South Ossetia. The report also claimed that Russia provoked the attack by preparing for war over a long period of time. I sure that was just a mis-print and what the report meant to say was that Russia, having lived alongside the deeply hostile Georgian regime for a long time, were aware that it was inevitable that violence would eventually arise and therefore had been preparing to defend themselves when the Georgians lashed out.

On October 2nd the Republic of Ireland will hold its second referendum on whether to adopt the Lisbon treaty. If they vote no again the EU Constitution will be sunk and the process of European integration will be delayed indefinitely. If they vote yes the treaty will be ratified, the federalisation of Europe will continue apace and Tony Blair should be installed as President of Europe by the end of the year. The leader of the no campaign is a business man called Declan Ganley and the leader of the yes campaign is the Irish Prime Minister, Brian Cowen. If I was able to vote I would be voting for a resounding no but I still haven't got round to sorting out my citizenship out.

Today I saw my doctor for a pretty standard appointment although he seemed to be in a bit of a bad mood. It's almost as if the local health authority is beginning to realise that it has neither money nor time to burn. Anyway my doctor updated my medical records and if you think those are confidential I should probably tell you a little story. About 8 months ago I told a psychiatrist, in the strictest confidence, that I have this anxiety about parts of my home spontaneously catching fire. Since then all the houses around me in the Croydon network have taken to lighting bonfires and BBQ's at all hours of the day and night in sort of burning horseshoe of fire that fills my home and garden with smoke. I should also point out that if the local health authority continue to make ill advised statements I won't embarrass them further by making those statements a matter of public record.

I've also been on to the police to enquire why they've still not been round to take a witness statement regarding Augusts burglary. The officer in charge of the case seems to be doing everything in his power to try and avoid me although his colleagues assure me that he'll be in touch soon. I won't be holding my breath but let it never be said that the Brits were never given the option for a peaceful resolution.

No comments: