Wednesday 12 December 2012

It's Warmed Up. I've Remembered my Point.

As you may have noticed from my Twitter feed last night I had more to say. Unfortunately the cold left my brain unable to form coherent sentences and my fingers unable to type them up. Anyway now I've warmed (and sobered) up I've remembered what it was.

After saying that pretty much everything in global politics at the moment has a Rihanna angle to it I then went and did a big post about Egypt and Northern Ireland without mentioning her once. Far from being because there isn't a Rihanna angle Egypt sort of represents the Rihanna mother load with you able to choose from things like the "Run This Town" video, her Isis tattoo and the regional trouble that followed the para-Olympic closing ceremony. Personally though I'm going with the fact that the result of the Egypt Presidential election was declared on June 24th 2012. This was also the day that Rihanna was headlining the BBC Radio 1's One Big Weekend festival in Hackney and I was watching the Euro2012 finals in Brighton going; "I don't care we're not driving up to Hackney and trying to blag our way in!" Unbeknown to me at the time that Radio 1 and Rihanna's people were negotiating whether the performance would go ahead I popped up and started explaining that of all the August 2011 riots the Hackney riot was probably the most easy to justify because unlike riots in other areas that focused on looting and property destruction the Hackney riot focused on attacking the police which is a more sensible response to the police killing someone. Then all of a sudden the Hackney performance was agreed. This discussion was revisited in the first week of the COP18/CMP8 when Rihanna agreed to headline the 2013 T in the Park music festival in Scotland shortly after I used a #welcometoscotland hashtag on Twitter. The idea was to promote discussion about whether Rihanna simply agrees to bookings based on stuff I say when I'm drunk. As a "Welcome to Scotland" is a quote from the James Bond film "Skyfall" which at that point I hadn't seen this was also supposed to raise suspicion about my supposed psychic powers. Sadly the actual answer is much more dull. I simply used the hashtag to explain that the guy I used to know who went on to build prisons in Canada was the grandson of the former head of the Royal Bank of Scotland in 140 characters or less. The black lion statues featured in Skyfall are of course a reference to my black lion statue that I've been saying for years I need to dig out and show to people. As to why I chose that point to do so let's just say there is little point developing an elaborate code if you're just going to explain it to everyone.

16:20 on 12/12/12.

No comments: