Sunday 9 December 2012

It's Not That the Diamonds Play Was Weak But.

This is the birthday card my mother gave me on November 15th (15/11/12);

tillersofthesoil

It's a copy of a linocut by British/Canadian artist Sybil Andrews from 1934 called "Tillers of the Soil." As you can quite clearly see it contains horses and although I wouldn't call it a classic piece it does hint at the Cubist style that was popular within the anti-fascist/Communist movement of the time particularly Picasso's famous "Guernica." So at that point even my mother was well aware of the Orwell analysis of Rihanna's "Diamonds" video and normally I have to explain to her who people like Rihanna are.

As for the Rihanna thing now the COP18/CMP8 is over I suppose I could back down from being such a direct a$$hole but I'm not sure I want to because in case I haven't mentioned it this reunion with Chris Brown makes me really, really angry. So furious in fact that I'd much rather be dedicating my time to taking any other man she may have her eye on to one side and tutoring them on the challenges of dating a celebrity because having experienced first hands the seven labour of Hercules it takes to get near to her it's hardly a surprise she keeps backsliding to Brown as if he were the only man in the world. So despite what they say about the Malibu whale I don't think nature is going to run it's course in this case and probation violations are more certainly the responsibility of the state.

14:55 on 9/12/12.

No comments: