Friday 21 October 2011

My Email's Still Not Working.

For a third day I am unable to access my US based email account. This means that rather then emailing documents about my grandmother's case I'm being forced to hand deliver them which is obviously much more time consuming. Considering the Americans have been making a lot of noise recently about ozone cooling it seems counter intuitive that they would also participate in making sure I don't have time to deal with the issue. It's a shame because I'm sure the Chinese will have nothing to say on the issue until I give them permission.

Anyway grown up talk aside I did today (21/10/11) get in contact by telephone with the social worker in charge of the abuse investigation into my father. That investigation has now ended and they should be writing to him in the coming days to confirm that. The abuse allegations against the Local Health Authority (LHA) have been passed to a manager and must be actioned within five working days. That means that by Tuesday (25/10/11) Care Quality Commission (CQC) investigators backed by the police should be descending on the hospital in order to safeguard my grandmother from retribution and to preserve evidence.

As there is no longer an investigation into him the social worker did not attend the meeting my father had today with the care manager. I didn't attend either but the short version is that hospital management have ordered the ward team to carry out a psychiatric evaluation within seven days. The hope is that this assessment will come back clean and can then be used to absolve the LHA of it's section 117 obligations. The only problem is that any professional psychiatrist will only be able to conclude that based on the passage of time it is impossible to determine my grandmother's state of mind at the time of her admission (20/8/11). However if pressed they will have to conclude that based on the manner of the admission and the use of anti-psychotics as treatment on the balance of probabilities at the time of her admission my grandmother was suffering from a treatable mental disorder. What the LHA's funding board choose to do with that information is up to them.

Edited at 15:10 to add: Just in case the LHA had some funny ideas about not reporting themselves to the CQC I've just made them aware of the case. So the CQC's local inspector should be contacting the LHA over the matter.

No comments: