Monday 31 October 2011

Deadline Passed.

The absolute deadline for Croydon's Local Health Authority (LHA) to act on the abuse of my grandmother and therefore avoid spending the rest of their lives in prison has now passed. I have received no correspondence from them. At around 14:30 I did telephone Nicola Gage and she confirmed that the LHA have made no attempt to safeguard my grandmother by suspending or relocating staff. They have made no attempt to pass the case over to the Care Quality Commission (CQC) or the police. They have made no attempt to correctly diagnose her or provide appropriate care. They have made no attempt to cease moves to discharge to another facility. Nor do they have any intention of doing any of these things or discuss the matter with me any further. After some encouragement I was though informed that the matter has been passed from the social services department to medical department and was assured that the relevant manager, Rachel Cowley would be contacting me by the end of the day to confirm the suspension of named staff. No such telephone call has been received.

Unfortunately the G20 Summit begins of Thursday (3/11/11) and I am going to attempt to enter a holding pattern until then. Of course if I had access to email I would be able to email the case file to the CQC in order to quickly and easily start the next stage of the process. However the British Prime Minister has today (31/10/11) announced that local authorities that fail to carry out adoption within the time limit will be stripped of their powers. This is as clear an indication that you'll get that he is now going to instruct the Secretary of State for Health to impose an intervention order against Croydon LHA. I can only recommend that this is completed before the start of the G20. In fact it could be announced to Parliament on Wednesday (2/11/11) just before Prime Ministers Questions.

No comments: