Thursday 27 October 2011

Deadlines and Phonelines.

The deadline for the Adult Social Services (ASS) department at Croydon University Hospital (CUH) to take action on my grandmother's case expired on Tuesday (25/10/11). Having given them a days grace I today (27/10/11) have no choice other then to telephone Nicola Gage - the appointed manager for a progress report including why Dinigle Phiri is still attempting to involve herself in the case and why a letter has still not been sent to my father formally retracting the hospital's allegation of abuse against him. Apparently she is currently unavailable but I have left a message and she is to call me back immediately.

In the meantime I am unable to give my full reaction to the rather technical, 15 page statement released by EU leaders in the early hours of this morning following their summit on the Eurozone debt crisis. Needless to say though it went so badly for Britain that the Church of England through St Paul's Cathedral have already suggested that the finance minister or chancellor might like to take the opportunity to resign.


Edited at around 17:30: I telephoned Ms Gage again at around 15:15 and received no response. A message was left but she's still not got back to me. I then went and visited my grandmother. The deadline set by the hospital board for them to act against their errant staff is 17:00 tomorrow (28/10/11). However as I appreciate that up to now they have being in receipt of inaccurate legal advice I will extend that until 17:00 on Monday (31/10/11). Beyond that there's nothing more I can do for them and people who continue to conduct themselves in a inappropriate fashion may well have to be banned from the premises. After all while I can't prosecute a criminal offence I can most certainly make an arrest and force the Crown Prosecution Service to prosecute.

No comments: