Tuesday 25 October 2011

Complaint Against Hospital Submitted.

In order for the statement I submitted to the adult social care team on October 19th to be considered under the hospital's complaints procedure I also had to submit the statement to the Chief Executive. So today (25/10/11) that is exactly what I did.

Now running to four pages for the most part it is exactly the same document but with the following two additional allegations;

5. Having begun an investigation into my father [name] in response to allegations I supposedly made Dinglie Phiri made no attempt whatsoever to contact me. Instead she chose to go first to my father while putting pressure on him to make decisions about my grandmother's care.

6. Despite no psychological assessment having taken place and the investigation into my grandmother's care still ongoing care manager Helen Carter has hounded my father with daily requests for meetings to make discharge plans for my grandmother. It is my belief that this is being done in an attempt to railroad him in forfeiting the above mentioned rights.

And the following six steps that have to be taken to rectify the complaint;

1. Take immediate steps to safeguard [my grandmother] from retribution in light of this complaint being made. This should take the form of either suspending or re-locating staff on the Purley 3 ward or ensuring that their conduct is properly montitored by putting them under close, constant supervision.

2. You imemdiately report this matter to a proper, independent, non-local body e.g. the Care Quality Commission or Scotland Yard so evidence can be preserved and a thorough investigation can take place.

3. You immidetely order an independent, forensic psychiatric assessment of [my grandmother].

4. You desist from any attempts to discharge [my grandmother] to another facility until the above mentioned assessment is carried out and this investigation is complete.

5. You remove Helen Carter from [my grandmother's] case and instruct her replacement to make no attempt to discuss [my grandmother's] discharge with my father, other family members of other members of the care team until this investigation is complete.

6. You acknowledge the reciept of this complaint within three working days and keep me fully updated as to the progress of the investigation via the contact details above.


Of course, as always it is up to the hospital to make a free choice as to what to do with this complaint.



Edited at around 13:00 to add: Since posting it has been announced that at Metropolitan Police officer has been sacked for mishandling emergency (999) calls. This is an attempt to find out who knows that the Croydon Borough Commander was forced out of his job just before the August riots. However his replacement has also failed to act on the ongoing complaint over the local police's failure to make arrests over the harrassment campaign that contributed to my grandmother's misdiagnosis. So it also serves to explain why this investigation cannot be handled at the local level and why simply re-arranging the furntiture is not sufficent.

No comments: