Thursday 20 October 2011

Let's Forget About Libya.

Because the war is won and it's time to talk about me.

It's currently 22:53 (GMT+1) on Thursday October 20th and I really need to spark up that tabak.

It is now 22:58. If you've been given access to the patterns of life surveillance you would know that between 17:30 and 19:00 every day my father goes too the hospital in order to feed my grandmother because the nurses can't be bothered. Today at around 17:25 he received an urgent telephone call from Paula Wiafe - the "independent" advocate from voiceability.org. It was after he'd been delayed for 20-25 minutes that my father was finally able to open a sinister A4 brown envelope from the hospital that had been posted on Tuesday (18/10/11). He didn't have time to read the contents because he was clearly in a rush but after he'd left I read it at length. It was the "Protecting Adults in Croydon From Abuse (guide 5v4) [January 2011]" leaflet subtitled "A guide if someone has made an allegation against you." The full document is four pages long so I won't publish it all here. However it is the second page (hopefully posted below) that is the most interesting.

Photobucket

The first paragraphs begins with the words; "An allegation of abuse has been made to the abuse reporting line of suspected abuse or neglect." The second paragraph states that "If the alert identifies a potential crime the police will be contacted." The fifth paragraph states "If you have been identified as the alleged perpetrator actions may be taken to ensure that you do not have further contact with the alleged victim during the safeguarding process."

However while my father was at the ward apparently all the staff were still there. Not only that but the social worker who is supposed to be in charge of the safeguard process/investigation took the opportunity to pressure my father into an "off the record" chat tomorrow at about 11:00.

Anyway it's now around 23:25 and I've completely forgotten what my point was.

No comments: