Sunday 26 February 2012

My Home Internet Connection is Working.

As of around 11:30 on Sunday February 26th (26/2/12) my home Internet connection is working I however will not be. That's a shame because I think it's obvious to everyone that my Internet connection will be blocked again from tomorrow just as soon as the opportunity for me to crash the Oscars has passed.

I can't though go without commenting on Paul Conroy. He is a British journalist based in the restive Baba Ama district of Homs in Syria who wounded along with Marie Colvin and Remi Ochlik. He is now claiming to be prevented from leaving and his plight is being used to justify opening logistical supply corridors to the insurgents. His wife is going even further calling on the British government to send a special forces team to rescue him. So I have to ask the obvious question - has he tried handing himself into the Syrian authorities because I'm sure they'd be more then happy to provide him with medical aid and then deport him? Or perhaps does he thinks that the normal rules don't apply to him and he can do what he likes in someone else's country at a time of war?

No comments: