Tuesday 21 February 2012

Fat Tuesday.

It's currently around 13:45 on Tuesday February 21st (21/2/12). I'm a little bit stoned and writing this from an Internet cafe. The first part of that sentence is probably my fault. The second part is because I'm now being heavily censored. Over the past few days the DNS registry is blocking my home Internet connection more often then it's not. My father is still trying to work out why calling the home phone from his cell phone with it's unique 10 digit ID# solves the problem and allows him to use the Internet.

The key detail to remember here is that on Saturday (18/2/12) and Sunday a senior US diplomat visited Israel for high level talks about the Iran situation. The hope from Britain and other parts of the European Union (EU) and Gulf Co-operation Council (GCC) was that my post on the subject would appear on Saturday morning blowing those talks wide open. In the end that didn't happen so on Saturday night two British boxers got into a brawl in Munich, Germany and a British teacher was killed in a coach crash in northern France. Germany wants to hear from both the boxers involved before deciding whether or not to press criminal charges. Having arrested, tested and interviewed the coach driver and ruled out drink or drugs as possible contributing factors the French as going to charge him under the assumption he fell asleep at the wheel. Today (21/2/12) the British government is holding an internal mini-summit to discuss the issues surrounding the use of computers in weather forecasting.

So basically I'm currently being put on trial but being denied the rights to know what the charges are exactly or to speak in my own defence. Al Jazeera is trying to dress this up as putting pressure on Israel over Palestinian prisoner rights. And these are the people who are claiming that they're going to spread democracy and justice to the middle east and Africa.

Anyway. It seems that I'm going to be prevented from delivering my annual drunken tirade explaining why Croydon's BRIT school for performing arts represents everything that is wrong with the world. So I'll have to do my preview of tonight's BRIT (music) Awards ceremony now. This years statuette comes in the red, white and blue of the French tricolor in order to promote discussion about British/French relations.

Now for Lunch.

No comments: