Thursday 13 August 2009

Well That Was A little Adventure

Which is technically still going on so excuse my vagueness.

About a hour ago I just stepped outside to a have a cigarette when this gentleman emerges from my shed. Obviously this led to a little bit of a conversation during which the rather drunk gentleman may have been a little bit free and easy with the information about who he was and which council run property he lived in. After the guy had left my property I went into the shed and discovered that he'd been helping himself to the contents of my freezer.

Given the suspiciously high level of crime that seems to plague this very small area of Croydon I decided to call the police. This prompted of a major manhunt involving a patrol car, a patrol van, a van load of TSG and the helicopter. The TSG stopped a guy that possibly fitted the description so got to have a nice little ride in a police van to go and identify the guy who'd been stopped. It wasn't the right guy but on the plus side I did get to have a ride in a police van when I was neither in the front seat nor the cage in the back which is a new experience for me.

We're now waiting for the Scene of Crime Officer to come round tomorrow.

No comments: