Friday 14 August 2009

Calling The Police.

After calling the police last night I know that I'm going to get a lot of stick and called a grass, a snitch and all the rest and normally I'd agree however I think this is a little bit different. What is causing all the break-in's and other minor harassment that has been going on is that Croydon Council in conjunction with the police have taken several housing association properties near me and allowed people on the waiting list to jump the housing queue on the condition that these people are prepared to pass on information about my movements a take part in the occasional attempt at harassment. The reason that this activity has increased recently is because the summer climate camp and the anti-Dsei protests are coming up at the end of August and the police think that at those protests I'm going to be giving them hell

That means that these people are being paid to work for the police and provide the police with information so as far as I'm concerned these people are some of the biggest grasses in town and I so no difference between calling the law on them and filing a complaint against the police. Something which because of last night I am now fully entitled to do.

To put the whole incident in perspective my father, who is a well established grass, was so dead against me calling the police that he actually spent most of this morning on the phone to his contacts at the council asking for advice on what to do next. He took it so far that when the Scene of Crime Officer (SOCO) turned up he went to the extent of trying to obstruct the SOCO accessing the crime scene by pretending he'd lost a key which he suddenly "found" when the SOCO threatened to have him arrested. On top of that the thing I'm really pissed off about is that the only reason I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt last night was because I thought he might have been trying to hide from the police.

As for today's event's the SOCO was due to attend at 10:00 so I got up at 09:00, had breakfast and settled down to await their arrival. While I obviously can't be sure of this I could have sworn that at 10:05 a white Belingo van, the type used by SOCO's, pulled into my street and waited there for just long enough for the onboard GPS to established it's presence in my street. At 11:30 no SOCO had turned up so I phoned the police station to enquire what had happened to them and the operator assured me that they would find out and call me straight back. By 12:40 no-one had called back and no SOCO had turned up so I phoned them again. My first call was cut straight off so I redialled and had a quick conversation with the operator about at which point pissing about becomes attempting to pervert the course of justice. Low and behold 5 minutes later a SOCO turned up with two PCSO's in tow one of whom seemed more concerned with re-creating the infamous Gates arrest then doing the job for which she is being paid. After that incident with my father the SOCO was able to recover a number of partial prints from the scene although obviously the delay in collecting them meant they had degraded to somewhat.

Although I don't want to complicate this further by making it a racial incident I do have to say that I told the police that they were looking for 5'10'', heavy set, white male. The suspect the TSG detained was a 6'2", skinny, black male. If that was you I'm really so sorry for having you disturbed in that way. I'll see if I can find a way to work that into a complaint.

No comments: