Wednesday 8 May 2013

Yeah I Broke My Finger.

In my last post I was complaining that I'd badly bruised my knuckle after an altercation with someone who was trespassing on my property. As I was going to bed I noticed that the discolouration and swelling weren't getting any better so I decided to go to hospital to get it checked while it was quiet. I know this sounds toadyish but but I was actually really impressed by the Accident and Emergency department at Croydon University Hospital (CUH). Although I was clearly not popular all of the staff at least managed to pretend to maintain a level of professionalism and I was dealt with in less then 90 minutes despite being at the absolute bottom of the triage list just one above a complete time waster.

Anyway after me and a nurse practitioner spent a while poking and prodding the affected digit I went for an x-ray. Long story short I have broken the distal phalanx (tip) of my left middle finger. While this is a significantly bigger break than a hair-line fracture it hasn't gone all the way through the bone. Therefore it should heal up quite quickly and once the soft tissue damage heals it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I have though got to go to the fracture clinic on Friday (10/5/13) so they can tell me there's not much they can do about so I've just got to keep the splint on and wait for it to heal.

11:30 on 8/5/13

No comments: