Tuesday 28 May 2013

The Full Sutton Prison Hostage Taking.

Today it has emerged that on Sunday (26/5/13) a prison officer was taken hostage and badly beaten by three inmates at the Full Sutton maximum security prison near York, UK. The timing of the four hour incident between roughly 16:00 (local) and 20:00 (local) coincides almost perfectly with the start of my police interview and the wait to see whether I would be charged or bailed. Therefore this whole thing seems to have been put on in order to increase the drama and confuse everyone. For example my police interview took the form of me being locked in a small room with three men making me the prison officer in this metaphor.

The news that the Full Sutton crime is now being investigated by the North-East Counter Terrorism Command (NECTC) is supposed to give the impression that the decision whether to bail or charge me was taken out of the hands of Croydon Borough police and handed to SO15 the Metropolitan Polices Anti-Terrorist Command that used to be known as Special Branch. I honestly cannot comment on how true this is but I'm pretty sure that the case has gone all the way up to at least MI5 by now. This puts an interesting slant on the announcement today by the UK Chancellor/Finance Minister George Osborne that the government will not ask the Ministry of Defence or the Home Office (MI5) to do anything that will undermine their ability to protect this country. However that is not really George Osborne's decision to make so expect at more of this sort of thing in the coming days.

As for the bail form I really can't publish it. However as I've mentioned is fails to include the name of my "Appropriate Adult" or an alleged offence. I suspect though that I was arrested under the 1984 Police And Criminal Evidence Act in order to allow for an investigation into an offence under the 1971 Criminal Damage Act. This is quite a broad act that lists a number of offences. The most serious of these with is being thrown around for maximum dramatic effect is the Section 1 offence of damaging property with intent to endanger life or recklessness as to whether life would be endangered. This carries the maximum sentence of life imprisonment. However the section 1 offence relates to things like arson and cutting the break cables on a persons car so it would be highly unusual for it to be used in relation to smashed windows.

15:05 on 29/5/13.

No comments: