Tuesday 24 August 2010

I Hate the Underground.

I've just submitted yet another statement to the Court of Protection. This involves getting on a Northern Line Underground train at Balham and staying on it for 45-50 minutes all the way to Archway. I then get off the train and spend 5 minutes submitting the documents before getting straight back on the train at Archway and travelling all the way back down the Northern Line to Balham. I had to stop off at a pub to preserve my sanity and remind myself what natural daylight looks like.

The statement I submitted today was basically just to inform the Court of Protection about this Magistrates Court business. I also included a short rebuttal of the statement the solicitor has submitted. I know I haven't put up a copy of the solicitors statement but that's because it requires a certain understanding of British legal practice to understand fully. Therefore putting it up now would only lead to more confusion. However it's fair to say that there is a certain level of inconsistency between what the solicitor attempts to present as fact and the events which I witnessed. Obviously I didn't have the foresight to video tape the events in question so I can't prove the solicitor is lying but I can raise enough questions so no credible judge will be able to take the solicitor's statement at face value.

No comments: