Saturday 20 February 2010

Really Dull Update.

Today I've been drafting a response to the Office of Public Guardian over this power of attorney business. It's just a formality really because it's a bit rude to tell everybody else about it but not tell them.

I also saw my grandmother briefly today for the first time since Tuesday. Before I went I drew up a receipt of her spending this week. Although there was some debate over discount rates it totals up to around £120. Based on a income of £70 per week that represents over a £50 shortfall. That of course was the second phase of the Brits plan. Being unable to take large sums of money they would instead take a high volume of small amounts of money in the hope that my grandmother would be too stressed and confused to notice. Whatever will they think of next.

And only mentioned because it made me laugh the Council published free newspaper got delivered today. It featured a coloumn written by the Croydon Police Borough Commander in which he congratulated himself on the drop in the burglary rate. What he failed to mention is that the burglary rate has dropped across the borough because the small group of people who do all the burglaries have stopped because they can no longer count on the protection of the Borough Commander.

No comments: