Thursday 11 February 2010

For the Record.

No power of attorney for my grandmother has been registered and therefore does not officially, legally exist. When I said it had I made a mistake because I was trying to read letters through their envelopes during the heat of the Copenhagen Summit and the argument about the power of attorney.

What actually happened was that the lawyer heard words like "Office of Public Guardians", "the Law Society" and "Long prison sentence" before deciding to add me as a "named person" who needs to give their consent before the power of attorney can be registered.

As I have not yet given this consent this means that if either the council or my father want to spend my grandmothers money on her behalf they first need to go through me. Obviously I don't want to give either of them any clue on how best to do that.


Edited to add@ 23:25: Thinking about it that means I actually taken de facto power of attorney and stolen a bit of British law in the process which you've got to admit is a pretty good bit of thieving.

No comments: